- Art History This site holds links to famous artists, art styles and periods, and art mediums. Very easy to navigate.
- Met Museum The Metropolitan Museum of Art—the educator’s section has images, pdfs of lessons, and entire books for teachers to access online.
- National Gallery of Art (Washington, D.C.) You have a wide variety of sites to explore here, but what most caught my eye was that teachers may borrow free-loan teaching materials. There are also online educational games that students will enjoy.
- Kinder Art
Great website for kindergarten teachers. There are many free printables (for classroom use only). Downloads are not free however.
- Museum of Web Art for Kids
This site is aimed at the younger student. It offers kids opportunities to play with technology.
- Crayola for Educators
Crayola has had a long-standing relationship with educators, providing quality products for the classroom and students’ home projects. A visit to Crayola.com is well worth the trip with artful lessons, classroom resources and the latest information regarding special programs and offers.
- Asia Art-Here Asian art is presented to all the world to enjoy.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art —- TIMELINE
Artwork of all major cultures in the world are represented in this interactive timeline.